Monday, March 27, 2017

Convention!

More like Sold-Out-vention, amirite!  AND I'M ACTUALLY GOING!!!  Whaaaaa?

I've been wanting to go to a convention since I joined the WClub.  I *think* the first Convention on my radar was Tropicalia, but it might have been the one before that...?  Was it Iconic...?  Anyway, Fashion Fairytale and Orlando, here I come!  I'm actually just as excited about the trip itself as I am about the Convention.  I hardly travel anywhere.  Florida's never been on the top of my list of places I was dying to see, but there's still stuff of interest there.

If you wanted to go to this year's convention, and aren't a member of the WClub, you unfortunately missed out.  The wait list is still there, but the convention sold out in record time.  I believe in about 3 hours.  It would have been less, but someone hacked the IT servers, and it made everything really slow and painful, so I can only imagine how much faster it would have sold out if things had run as they were supposed to. (no fault of IT's though... can't predict hackers).

Before the registration link opened, we got an email with all the details, and a sneak peek doll that both convention goers and those who can't attend can all purchase.  Like how there was Reigning Grace Eugenia for the Cinematic convention.  It gave a little glimpse of what we might be able to expect from the Convention dolls.

Fashionably Ruthless Tatyana:




Yep, we only get a sketch right now.  But we know it's Tatyana 2.0, and she'll have the porcelain skintone.  And she's of course fashioned after Cruella deVille from 101 Dalmations.  I'm definitely going to pre-order this girl.  I LOVE Tatyana 2.0, and the STREAKED HAIR.  MY WEAKNESS.  Silver hair, or silver streaked hair is my everything.  For convention goers, this set is 175, and for those who aren't going, it's 200.  We'll get pictures closer to convention.

So, I'll breeze over the details of the actual convention - for 550 USD, you get the chance to participate in the Fashion Fairytale Convention.  You get a welcome gift, a con souvenir doll, a chance for all the convention collection dolls and other goodies that are ALWAYS available.  There will be workshops (don't know if there are workshop dolls again), the Fashion Bazaar on Friday night, and of course there will be other things listed later.

Personally, I will be staying off-site.  I wanted my own room, and it's just wayyyy more economical for me to stay in one of the many, many, many other hotels that are within spitting distance of the Hyatt Regency.  I'm not good with sharing a bed (or even a bedroom) with another person.  Even if I was having sex with that person.  I'm usually like "wow, that was wonderful... okay, I'm going to go to sleep now.  See you tomorrow." (it's one of the many many reasons that I'm happily single).

I'm considering also doing other Orlando things.  Maybe Harry Potter world, maybe Halloween Horror Nights....  I am not going to do Disney.  Too many children.  Hell, Harry Potter World will also be full of munchkins, but I do LOVE Harry Potter, so I might go.

One convention thing that's been changed is that the Style Lab will not be Color Infusion this year.  It will be The Industry.  Personally I dig this since I love Tulabelle, but it's raised the question on if Color Infusion is going to be retired since this is Jem's last year... maybe it will also be Color Infusion's?  I hope not - I like CI dolls.  I don't have many, but the ones I do have, I really dig.

For those who couldn't get through the checkout process before it sold out, don't worry - there are always cancellations, so put your name on the Wait List!  I can't wait to meet people, and I will post updates here, and on Flickr, once I'm in Orlando.

No comments:

Post a Comment