Sunday, March 26, 2017

Review of: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I would have moved this book up to 4 stars if I'd liked the main character, Mare, a little more. I really dug the world building and the lore and the secondary characters (I'm already in love with Shade, and he was only in it a tiny bit plus the Glass Sword preview at the end of the book). And, unsurprisingly, I loved Maven and even his mother. This comes as no surprise, since Cersei is one of my fave characters in Game Of Thrones. I just like villains. I just found Mare to be a little inconsistent in her personal narrative. Like, I never believed for a second that she wouldn't stop hating Cal when she momentarily did, because every time she said she hated him, in the next sentence it would just vanish. I never believed that she would never be afraid again when she said it, because in the next sentence, she was afraid.

But, I will *definitely* read the rest of this series. I just hope that Mare grows as a character a little more.

View all my reviews

(Posted on Goodreads.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment